On April 21, Chefs Carina and Ibti hosted Herbal Remeday at the Walker Jones Farm. The meal had Feasters picking from the garden, a bike blender, and six delicious gardens.
Meet the Chefs:
Carina hails from western Maryland, but is proud to have emulsified mayonnaise, raised sourdough starters, and canned pickles with some of the best and brightest teens in D.C. during her tenure at Brainfood. After spending more than a year on a bicycle, working on small farms and cooking her way around the country (literally), Ibti returned home to D.C. and has spent her waking hours teaching and writing about local, sustainable food, helping neighbors start gardens, and calling up friends to invite them over for spontaneous dinner parties.
- Deviled Quails Eggs flecked with Tarragon
- Cucumber Almond Dill Soup
- Butternut Squash and Chive Risotto
- Rampant Greens Salad with Lemon Caper Dressing
- Spring Carbonara with Spring Herbs, Pea Shoots, and Duck Confit (or Mushrooms, if you choose)
- Lavender and Spice Ice Cream Sandwiches
- To sip: Rhubarb Cooler, Ginger Mint Tea